Anyone who feels like it should post their ten most CRUCIAL CRUCIAL CRUCIAL-ASS movies, like the movies that explain everything about yourselves in your current incarnations (not necessarily your ten favorite movies but the ten movies that you, as a person existing currently, feel would help people get to know you) (they can change later on obviously).
In no particular order:
2) A Chinese Odyssey Part 1: Pandora's Box and Part 2: Cinderella, the 1995 Stephen Chow adaptation/re-imagining of Journey to the West. Cracky as hell, and the last time Stephen Chow had an original idea. This should probably count as two movies?
3) Ringu. This is purely here to explain why I dislike mirrors. Also, how I should never watch horror movies.
4) Wu Yen. If I were any sort of normal Anita Mui fan I'd name Rouge, but I have an unbearable weakness for slapstick comedy and it isn't, mind, just anyone who can cross-dress as fantastically as Anita Mui did in this.
5) 2046. Sequel, of sorts, to In the Mood for Love. Think Cloud Atlas was good? Pft.
6) Infernal Affairs 1-3 (Yes, I'm cheating)
7) Hu Du Men. Because Josephine Siao.
8) Princess Mononoke
9) My Lucky Star. Because Tony Leung.
10) How to Train a Dragon
This list obviously says a lot about the type of Hong Kong movies I like and how few Western movies I've watched or feel strongly about. Honourable mentions: The Wizard of Oz, Mary Poppins, the first 10 Stephen Chow movies. Also, how much do I love Tony Leung? A lot.
, Hikaru/Akira, Hikago, by mousapelliNature and Nurture
, John/Sherlock, AU, Completed (!), by earlgreytea68